Right now, before you read the rest of this post, get yourself an 8 oz. glass of water. Got it? Great. Now we can continue.
We all know that drinking water is good for you. If you’ve spent even a minute of time in the beauty community you’ve heard how helpful it can be for your skin. The most beautiful celebrities and models always mention drinking water when asked what their secret to gorgeous skin is. It’s easier said than done. When you’re livelihood depends on being beautiful, you have time to always be drinking water (and going to the bathroom) 24/7.
I rarely drank water before I decided to increase my intake. Now, I can certainly say that I’ve noticed benefits in my skin and in my body. So I’m going to share the ways in which I have increased my water intake and made it a part of my daily life.
- As soon as you wake up, drink at least 8 ounces of water. I have mine with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice for added vitamin c and alkalizing benefits. I drink the water with my daily vitamins, so it becomes a regular part of my day and I am completing multiple health tasks at once.
- Replace everything with water. You already know that soda is not good for you, if you are still drinking it you need to have a serious conversation with yourself about what you put into your body. Drink water instead. Most of the packaged juices are just as bad, but they taste great.
- Infuse your water for flavor and variety. Of course it doesn’t taste like the sugary juice blends I was just talking about, but it breaks up the monotony of drinking so much water. I have two large juice carafes that I use to infuse water to drink with my meals. I basically stuff all kinds of fruits and herbs into the carafe, and fill it with water.
- Play healthy drinking games with yourself. If you are at home watching TV, tell yourself that you will drink 8 ounces during every commercial break. Set alarms on your phone to remind you to drink every hour throughout the day. There are even apps you can download on your phone to help you with your water intake.
- Always have water with you. Unless you never leave your house, you are going to need to carry some portable water bottles to increase your water intake. I have 2 different bottles. One is a Bobble with a built in filter, and the other has a slotted insert where I can place fruits for infusing.
At first it is going to feel like you are forcing yourself to drink water, and you will really need to overcome some mental barriers that keep you from drinking more. Like everything else in life, if you are diligent about it, you will see benefits, and it will eventually become second nature to you. Leave a reply and share how you have increased your water intake!